The CliffsStudySolver workbooks combine 20 percent review material with 80 percent practice problems (and the answers!) to help make your lessons stick.
CliffsStudySolver Algebra I is for students who want to reinforce their knowledge with a learn-by-doing approach. Inside, you'll get the practice you need to tackle numbers and operations with problem-solving tools such as
- Straightforward, concise reviews of every topic
- Practice problems in every chapter -- with explanations and solutions
- A complete chapter on story problems
- A diagnostic pretest to assess your current skills
- A full-length exam that adapts to your skill level
Beginning with the basics of algebraic symbols and vocabulary, this workbook ventures into signed numbers, polynomials, inequalities, quadratic equations, and more. You'll explore integers, prime numbers, linear equations, functions and relations, plus details about
- Working with the associative property of addition and multiplication
- Adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing algebraic functions
- Factoring binomials, trinomials, and other polynomials
- Graphing points, quadrants, lines, and curves such as parabolas
- Dealing with coin and interest story problems
Practice makes perfect -- and whether you're taking lessons or teaching yourself, CliffsStudySolver guides can help you make the grade.